The Hunger Site

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Installing Grid Control repository on RAC with ASM

Praveen Chandran asked: I am facing a typical problem in my Grid setup. I am installing Grid on my rac database, which is under asm.I selected the option to use "Existing Database". After providing the correct hostname, port and service, i have given the datafile path for the managemnt respository tablespace like '+DATA/mydata/mgmt1.dbf' , its giving me an error , "Do not have sufficient privilegae for creating tablespace on the specfied location" But i am able to create a tablespace from sqlplus, only OUI is telling about a problem. I could not find any problem in log files with logging level to trace and debug enabled. strace is alos not giving any input. BTw i am using Oracle Enterprise Linux 4.5 for my test and using external harddisk as a shared storage Please let me know , if you find any similar kind of issues

My reply: Praveen, I have never installed the repository onto an existing RAC database which is on top of it using ASM. You have introduced too many complexities into the picture. Can I suggest you keep it simple. Regarding the management repository tablespace where you have an issue, first simply create it as a non-ASM tablespace. Once that succeeds, later on, move it to ASM. That may be the trick required.

No comments:

Disclaimer

Opinions expressed in this blog are entirely the opinions of the writers of this blog, and do not reflect the position of Oracle corporation. No responsiblity will be taken for any resulting effects if any of the instructions or notes in the blog are followed. It is at the reader's own risk and liability.

Blog Archive