- Set up and Schedule RMAN backups
- Set up and manage Data Guard Standby databases
- Use Data Pump to move data
- Manage Oracle Automatic Storage Management (ASM) and Clusterware
- Use some Advisors such as Segment Advisor and Memory Advisor
- Manage critical errors via Support Workbench
- Manage database objects such as tables, indexes, views, materialized views etc.
- Manage optimizer statistics and SQL plans
- Set up Resource Manager for the database
- Manage database users, roles, profiles etc.
- Manage control files, datafiles, tablespaces, log files etc.
- View SQL execution history, execute SQL statements
- Use Scheduler Central to manage jobs maintained by the database as well as Enterprise Manager
- Get My Oracle Support (MOS) Critical Patch Recommendations
- Perform PDB operations in Database 12c with some caveats for the free stuff, as described in an earlier blog entry here.
Saturday, May 6, 2017
Enterprise Manager Functionality without the Packs
A friend asked:
“I know we can use Oracle Enterprise Manager without the packs. However, is there any document that shows in detail what database monitoring and alerting functionality is provided by Enterprise Manager (12c version) without using any packs.”
The answer was:
This information is in the “Enterprise Manager Licensing Information” guide. Chapter 10, “Base Enterprise Manager Functionality” outlines the list of features that are included with the base functionality of Oracle Enterprise Manager.
For the database side of things, See the “Base Database Management Features” section in this chapter. This includes things like the following (that you can do without any pack licenses in Enterprise Manager):
The link for the full set of base database features is here. Thanks for your question, and hope you have gained an understanding of what can be done as part of the base functionality.
Blogged by Porus Homi Havewala (પોરસ હોમી હવેવાલા)
Opinions expressed in this blog are entirely the opinions of the writers of this blog, and do not reflect the position of Oracle corporation. No responsiblity will be taken for any resulting effects if any of the instructions or notes in the blog are followed. It is at the reader's own risk and liability.
- ▼ 2017 (22)
- ► 2015 (24)
- ► 2014 (26)
- ► 2013 (26)
- ► 2012 (35)
- ► 2011 (27)
- ► 2010 (49)
- ► 2009 (40)
- Advantages and Power
- General Discussion
- grid control
- New in 11g
- Grid Architecture
- new in 12c
- em12c cloud control
- Packs and Plug-Ins
- 11g book
- issue resolution
- white paper
- RMAN and Grid
- cloud control
- ops center
- security grid control
- 12c book
- Linux and Grid Control
- em jobs
- live chat