Happy to announce that I have created and published my very first Udemy course on the "Oracle Private Database cloud" as an Udemy Premium Instructor. In this course, I am explaining the set up of the private database cloud and actually demo'ing the different "database/snapclone/schema/pdb-as-a-service" capabilties in action. I hope you find this course beneficial.
About This Course:
Published 6/2016 English
This course will introduce you to the concepts of the Oracle Private Database cloud. You will be taught techniques for building, configuring, and managing a private database cloud with Oracle Enterprise Manager 13c Cloud Control. Learn best practices for a wide variety of different approaches--Database as a Service, Snap Clone as a Service, Schema as a Service, and Pluggable Database as a Service. The course also explains how to use the Oracle Cloud REST API for performing Database as a Service.
You will gain a reasonable understanding of how to architect, configure, and manage every component in a private database cloud lifecycle. Learn from an Oracle Certified Master, previous Oracle ACE Director, and experienced computing writer (three books published on Oracle Enterprise Manager).
What are the requirements?
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 13c installed on a sandbox server - Enterprise Manager Cloud Control is the main driving engine for the Oracle private database cloud
- Oracle Database Enteprise Edition Homes installed for 11g and 12c
- Oracle Databases created - 11g for SChaaS and 12c container database for PDBaaS
- Alternatively, you can follow the lectures without an actual install of the software
What are you going to get from this course?
- Understand the concepts and requirements of the Oracle Private Database Cloud
- Learn techniques and best practices for building, configuring, and managing a private database cloud with Oracle Enterprise Manager 13c Cloud Control
- Set up the foundation of the Oracle Private Database Cloud - including the Enterprise Manager Software Library, Enterprise Manager Self update, User Privileges and Roles for self-service, and the PaaS Infrastructure Zones
- Set up and Configure Database as a Service and Snap Clone as a Service - Database Pools, Quotas, Database Profiles, Database sizes, Service Templates, Request Settings
- See Database as a Service in action using the Enterprise Manager Self-Service console
- See Snap Clone as a Service in action using the Enterprise Manager Self-Service console
- Set up and Configure Schema as a Service - Schema Pools, Quotas, Schema Profiles, Service Templates, Request Settings
- See Schema as a Service in action using the Enterprise Manager Self-Service console
- Set up and Configure PDB as a Service - PDB Pools, Quotas, PDB Profiles, Service Templates, Request Settings
- See PDB as a Service in action using the Enterprise Manager Self-Service console
- Understand how to use the Cloud REST API for performing Database as a Service, using the REST client in Google Chrome, and why you would use the Cloud REST API instead of the Enterprise Manager Self Service Console
- Understand the next course of action and further reading material
What is the target audience?
- Students who want to get a basic understanding of the setup, configuration and actual use of the capabilities of the Oracle Private Database Cloud
- Students who want to understand the use of Oracle Enterprise Manager for Database as a Service, Snap clone as a Service, Schema as a Service and PDB as a Service
- Students who want to use the Cloud REST API for self-service in their own customized orchestration engine
- Students should have a basic understanding of Oracle Database install/administration concepts, and Oracle Enterprise Manager adminstrator concepts
I hope this course is beneficial to you and your careers. Please do recommend to your friends and colleagues as well. All the Best.
Porus Homi Havewala (OCM).