Steps to Fast Track your Database Cloud implementation on Exadata
By Nilesh Agrawal on Feb 13, 2014
- Setup Monitoring and Management of Exadata Database Machine platform in EM 12c
- Setup and Deliver DBaaS on Exadata using EM 12c
- Manage and Optimize Exadata and EM 12c powered DBaaS cloud platform on an ongoing basis
There are 2 separate automation kits that are provided with EM 12c, first kit is for enabling rapid monitoring and management setup of Exadata stack in EM 12c and second kit is for rapid setup of DBaaS -
- EMCLI setup on Exadata Server
- EM 12c R3 site compatibility checks
- Setup and remove SSH between Exadata nodes to test SSH setup
- Deploy EM 12c Agent and required Plugins on all DB Nodes of Exadata Machine
- Confirm Exachk tool availability and run Exachk tool
- Run Exadata Discovery Prerequisites
- Discover Targets Cluster, Grid Infrastructure, RAC database and listener targets
Enterprise Manager 184.108.40.206 Bundle Patch Master Note (Doc ID 1572022.1)
Enterprise Manager for Exadata Plug-in 12cR3 Bundle Patch Bug List (Doc ID 1613177.1)
- From the Setup menu, select Add Targets, then select “Add targets Manually”.
- In the “Add Targets Manually” page, select 'Add Targets Using Guided Process (Also Adds Related Targets)' and Target Type as Oracle Exadata Database Machine.
- Click Add Using Guided Discovery and follow the wizard.
5) Setup Database Cloud Using Rapid Start Kit - Once you have setup Exadata management in EM 12c, next step is to setup database cloud. Refer to Rapid Start Kit for setting up cloud for both DBaaS and Pluggable DBaaS/PDBaaS. This kit will help achieve the following -
- Create Cloud Admin, SSA Admin and SSA User custom roles
- Create Cloud Admin, SSA Admin and SSA Users
- Grant Quota to SSA User custom roles
- Setup Zones with Placement Policy Constraints
- Setup Pools with Placement Constraints
- Setup Service Template/Catalog and grant it SSA User custom roles.
- Change to
- Review the input files under config directory and customize the dbaas_cloud_input.xml for configuring DBaaS cloud and pdbaas_cloud_input.xml for configuring Pluggable Database as a Service.
- Run the following command to setup DBaaS on Exadata Machine.
Above command will use dbaas_cloud_input.xml (under cloudsetup/config) as input file for configuring DBaaS.
- To setup PDBaaS on Exadata, please use following command.
Above command will use pdbaas_cloud_input.xml (under cloudsetup/config) as input file for configuring PDBaaS