has become, with the ability to monitor and manage almost anything. This
is done via Enterprise Manager Packs and Plug-Ins.
These are the main licensable packs for Grid Control, ie, using these
packs needs a licence fee, most people pay per processor:
- Diagnostic Pack
- Tuning Pack
- Provisioning Pack
- Change Management Pack
- Configuration Management Pack
- Data Masking Pack
Tuning Pack that are the most commonly used packs for performance issues.
Some of these packs can be used for the database, application server as
well as other infrastructure, for eg, the diagnostic pack.
A number of Dbas may also have used the Provisioning pack, which is used for
patch application, Oracle software cloning, RAC provisioning. The Change
management pack has also been used by some Dbas for comparing
schemas, databases, and dictionary baselines.
The Configuration Management Pack and Data Masking Pack are quite new,
we would love to hear from Dbas who have used these and what their
Other packs available for Grid Control are:
- Diagnostic Pack for non-Oracle middleware
- Oracle Linux Management Pack
- SOA Managment Pack
- Identity Management Pack
- Service Level Management Pack
- Business Intelligence Management Pack
- Management Pack for E-Business Suite
- Management Pack for Peoplesoft Enterprise
- Management Pack for Siebel
Full details are on http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/oem/datasheets.html