This Friday, I conducted another interesting seminar which was S&I System's last Oracle seminar for the year. The topic was Oracle Performance Options, Products and Enterprise Manager Packs.
These were the topics I covered. The clients were introduced to many new Oracle concepts for the first time.
- Partitioning Option, and improvements in 11gR2
- Parallel Query Option, and improvements in 11gR2
- Advanced Compression Option (11g), and Hybrid Columnar Compression in 11gR2
- Active Data Guard (11g)
- In-memory Database Cache (Times-Ten), and it's Grid in 11gR2
- Enterprise Manager Diagnostics and Tuning Packs
The following Enterprise Manager packs were also demonstrated in live demos:
- Service Level Management Pack
- Configuration Management Pack
- Diagnostics and Tuning Packs
- Remedy Connector
I also demo'ed the new Enterprise Manager feature of SQL Monitoring of long-running SQL in 11g databases, which suitably impressed the attendees.
A number of clients immediately expressed interest in using the Service Level Management and Configuration Management packs for their hundreds of database targets, and discussed Grid Control architecture for such large systems.
The 2009 list of successful Oracle seminars conducted by S&I Systems can be seen on: